If you have naturally curly hair like myself, you’ll know it’s not a good idea to over wash it as this will lead to loss of natural oils and leave you with dry, lifeless curls prone to breakage. Basically a big no no! Because of this, I wash my hair twice a week only. So what do we do when it comes to exercise and the dreaded sweat and humidity frizz ball that often comes with it? Some may say avoid exercise, but for me, being a Personal Trainer and fitness enthusiast, that’s not an option.
So rather than adding your hair to the list of 100 reasons why you shouldn’t go to spin, I’m going to give you my five top tips on how to manage those locks pre and post workout. Whether your smashing a 5k before work or attending your weekly Hiit at the end of the day, these tips will be sure to keep those curls looking effortlessly gorgeous throughout.
1) Keep your hair away from any neck or facial sweat by tying it loosely on top of your head with a scrunchie. The Bouclème Animal Print Scrunchies are perfect for this as their not too tight, so won’t disrupt the curl pattern for the rest of the day.
2) If you’re prone to getting really sweaty, wear a head band, but be sure to use a sweat-wicking one that isn’t too tight as this will flatten your curls (like hat hair).
3) Don’t be tempted to keep touching your hair throughout your workout, again this will only disrupt the curl and will only contribute to the already dreaded frizzy hair. On top of this, your hands will be full of sweat, yuck!
4) When you’ve finished your workout, let your hair down (assuming all the sweat is long gone), and give it a good shake. Turn your head upside down, rub some curl cream in your hands and apply to the roots and ends in particular, giving that extra moisture boost and much needed gloss.
5) If you’re totally grossed out by not washing your hair because you got so sweaty, the Bouclème Travel Kit consisting of the Hydrating Hair Cleanser, Curl Conditioner and Curl Defining Gel is the perfect size to slip into your gym bag.
So there you have it, my five top tips to ensure your curls look as bouncy and alive after your workout as when you started, even if you don’t feel the same.
Come and follow me on instagram @nicoleclewer16